ISPRING ED2000HD whole house electronic water descaler is an innovative, computerized water conditioning system that solves hard water problems without the need for chemicals, salt or filter cartridges by leaving the minerals in the water and preventing them from forming the limescale deposits. It functions by wrapping 2 antenna cables around the main water pipe to form a coil, creating a complex, frequency modulated, electromagnetic waveform. This induces an oscillating electric field into the water, resulting in the agitation of water molecules sufficient enough to trigger the release of carbon dioxide and cause the premature precipitation of calcium bicarbonate. This process naturally results in a small increase in solubility, which allows the now unsaturated water to dissolve existing scale deposits and remove them from the water system. Limescale deposits on your fixtures will soften over time after regular contact with the treated water from the ED2000HD. For water over 25 grains of hardness, it’s recommended to use traditional water soften in addition to the ED2000HD. Water with high iron content (over 0.3 ppm) should use an iron removal filter prior to the ED2000HD. Homes with water mains over 1 in. but less than 1.5 in. may need to use 2 ED2000HD side by side, water traveling more than 50 ft. may require an additional ED2000HD further down the plumbing line.
- Solves hard water problems without the need for chemicals, salt, or maintenance, while keeping healthy minerals in the water by preventing scale deposits from forming and allowing the existing scale to break down
- Descales your entire water system and prevents scale buildup in pipes. Also ideal for tankless water heaters; designed for very hard water areas (10-19 grains per gallon). Saves energy and extends the life of your appliances
- The ED2000HD requires minimal space for installation and can be installed on copper, PEX, PVC, or CPVC pipe. No plumbing or maintenance necessary; great for homes and the environment, individuals on salt-restricted diets, and those looking for healthier skin and hair
- 1-year money-back guarantee and lifetime tech support from iSpring Water Systems in Alpharetta, GA
- The ED2000HD is not a water softener and does not remove hard minerals nor lower TDS from your water