This heavy-duty planer offers performance and value, loaded with standard features not found on other machines in its class. The powerful 5 HP motor and 20 in. planing capacity will handle the most demanding work. The 5 in. dust port connects easily to any dust collector. The cutter head has 4 high speed steel knives and turns at 5,000 RPM producing 20,000 cuts per minute. The anti-kickback fingers and pressure bar are located in close proximity to the cutter head for an exceptional finish. The solid cast iron base, table and head are designed for production. The 2-speed oil bath gearbox transmits full power to feed rollers and facilitates fast speed changes at 24 FPM and 31 FPM. The gearbox can be changed to 4-speed with the included gear to run lower speeds of 16 FPM and 20 FPM. The corrugated infeed and fine groove outfeed rollers ensure a smooth feed. The precision ground and polished cast iron table rides on 4 steel columns giving it plenty of support for the larger work piece. Heavy cast iron extension wings ensure a flat, smooth cut.
- Knife setting gauge
- 5 HP motor and 20 in. planing capacity for heavy-duty work
- Fully enclosed base cabinet with integrated casters for shop mobility
- Cast iron table with extensions creates a big 55-1/2 in. x 20 in. working area
- 4 feed speeds: 24 FPM and 31 FPM, 16 FPM and 20 FPM with gear change provide versatility
- Feed rollers and cutter head supported by full cast iron head assembly for rigidity
- 460-Volt operation requires an additional 460-Volt magnetic switch: 209-5016E
- Standard equipment
- Single-sided knives
- 5 in. Dia dust port
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
There are no reviews yet.